Thursday, October 21, 2004

Minor League Factor

I've been checking out prospects a little lately (basically to see who we may be trading). This article about Cubs Minor League Player of the Year (rather Organization) Brian Dopirak was interesting. He's a 20 year old first baseman who just hit a crap load of home runs in single A ball at Lansing. My favorite quote (and one that should be plastered on the Cubs clubhouse):

To that end, Dopirak is in Arizona working on his biggest weakness at the plate: discipline. He's hoping that playing for the Mesa Solar Sox will help him improve that aspect of his game. "My pitch slection, being patient at the plate, trying to slow things down," said Dopirak, who has hit a pair of homers in 31 at-bats. "I need to work for my pitch and when I get my pitch, not to miss it. I don't want to miss a mistake.

"That's what I'm focusing on now in the Fall League, getting into a good hitter's count and not missing my pitch."


Can we send all the Cubs hitters to the Arizona Fall League?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home